Once construction is complete and Larchfield is opened for business, Larchfield Children’s Home is designed to accommodate up to 4 volunteers at any given time. It is a privilege for us to have volunteers at the Home, but also volunteers will be given experience in a number of different areas and the ability to make a great difference to the lives of the children.
When the Home is built and fully operational we will need volunteers in the following areas:
- To work with the matrons and teachers in the smooth day to day running of the Home
- To support the matrons (“House Parents”) and teaching staff to provide the children a loving and caring home
- To work with our local teachers, helping create lesson plans and conduct lessons.
- Those with any educational teaching skills or the wish to go into the teaching profession would be ideal
- Will be teaching the children the traditional subjects, but also encourage art, music and sport.
- To work with our nurse to provide medical care to the children
- We would love to have volunteers with basic medical knowledge and who would like to improve skills and experience in this area.
- To help make Larchfield sustainable and able to grow its own crops.
- To involve the children in learning about the land
- To help with the smooth running of the Home and support all the staff
- To keep up to date the photo gallery, blog and twitter feed.
We suggest placements ranging from 2 weeks to 3 months for you to be able to fully involve yourselves in Larchfield Children’s Home and to make a difference but this remains flexible.
To contribute fully we ask that volunteers are over 18 and speak fluent English. We ask that volunteers provide his/her flights to Tanzania, insurance, visas and spending money. We also ask that each volunteer raises a sponsorship sum payable to Larchfield, ranging from USD 250 for 2 weeks to USD 2000 for 3 months. Larchfield in return will provide accommodation on site, 2 meals a day, basic Swahili lessons, transfers to and from the airport.
If you are interested in making a difference please do get in touch for more information and to apply by emailing us at email@example.com